Friday, July 5, 2013

Clearance

Although the season is in full swing, it's the end of the summer shopping season. Back to school shopping is just around the corner and stores are making room for the over abundance of pencils, paper, backpacks, and all the other paraphernalia the kiddies will need for the new school year. This means it's prime time for the bargain hunters like me to find a good deal. I do love those little red and white clearance stickers!


This is my recent score from Walmart. An inspiration (cork) board for $3, an awesome stocking stuffer for Ben for $1, and 8 packs of scrapbooking paper for 10 cents each! Yes, 10 cents! I kept 2 and gave the rest to Cyndi for her classroom. The candle was not on clearance, but at $3.50 was still a bargain.

They did have yarn on sale too, but I showed great restraint and did not buy any. Not one skein. I've actually been making progress with my stash busting efforts and would like to keep it that way. :)

Someone had asked about where to find the wire for the Daisy Plant Poke. I found mine at Dollar Tree a few years ago. I was just in there the other day and they do still have it. I've also seen it at my local Walmart, and I'm sure you could find something similar at the craft store as well. It is called floral wire and is usually found in the floral department.


2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff. I like to find the clearance section when I go into stores too. Makes me happy to find good deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some cute colored wire over in the jewelry department at Wal-mart for $1 that I plan on using. It is a little thicker wire and comes in bright colors. I picked green of course because it will look the best with the daisy. The other colors would be cute too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.