Saturday, April 2, 2011

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week: Day Six


Day six: 2nd April. Something to aspire to.
Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make but can admire the result of those that have.

For decades my dream has been to be an accomplished crochet/knit/craft designer. With over 70 free patterns on my blog so far, and just as many waiting in the wings to be published here and in various other venues, I suppose I could say I've made that dream come true. And in a sense I suppose I have with the free patterns alone.

On Day Four I talked about the negative side of gift giving. I wanted to take the time here to say that not all of my gifts have been thusly abandoned. I enjoy crocheting and crafting very much and want the recipients of my efforts to love my work just as much as I enjoyed creating them. So I was pleased to discover that my (ex) sister-in-law still loves and uses the afghan I made for her almost 20 years ago.

And an old friend of mine still has the baby blanket I made her son as well as the ceramic planter, including the ORIGINAL plant, that I gave her when her daughter was born. (How she kept that plant alive after all this time just amazes me!) It's good to know that not all of my gifts have fallen by the wayside. I hope my crochet designs can stand the test of time as well as these few gifts.


2kcbwday6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.