Thursday, October 22, 2009

WOOHOO!

I have lots of happy things to report today...

First is a BIG WooHoo! Several weeks ago I finally figured out that I was essentially poisoning myself with the high volume of aspartame I was consuming. After "detoxing" I am so happy to report that I have been feeling very well since I gave up the fake stuff. No more feeling nauseous. No more feeling lethargic. No more just plain feeling like crap. Woohoo!

And an even BIGGER Woohoo for a new and amazing product I discovered. Sun Crystals. I had read a little about the Stevia plant when I was researching sugar alternatives. Then Melani told me about Sun Crystals, an all natural sweetener made from the Stevia plant. No chemicals! Woohoo!

It's a bit pricey at over $6.00 a box, BUT... It's WAY sweeter than aspartame. Where I used to need 6 packets to sweeten my HUGE Rt. 44 tea from Sonic, I only need 1 packet of the Sun Crystals. So in the end it's essentially the same price. Woohoo!

Yarn Update: Our local Walmart cut its craft section drastically this past spring when they did a remodel. As a result, the yarn selection here in town was cut by at least 50%, if not more. So when I recently started seeing clearance tags on several of the yarns they still carry I was feeling a little nervous. Several Red Heart colors, all of the Simply Soft Eco, a few of the Homespun colors, and some of the Vanna's Choice were all marked down. I was happy to get a good deal, especially on the Homespun, but it still worried me. Walmart is the ONLY yarn store within 50 miles! I wasn't looking forward to traveling an hour just to get the basics.

Well today I was happy to see the reason for all the clearance yarns. They were making room for new colors AND new yarns! WOOHOO!!! Cyndi and I spent a while drooling over the new yarns and the new colors of Red Heart. I bought 2 skeins of a gorgeous new (to me) RH green called Tea Leaf, and Cyndi bought some Cherry Cola. I could have bought SO much more yarn, especially the new BULKY yarn they have, but I am on a yarn diet for now. I still had fun looking and planning potential future projects though. :)

Pattern Update: I finally posted the Multi Color Granny Square pattern that I'm using for the grannyghan. I also updated my Solid Granny pattern. Something I've been meaning to do for AGES. It's basically a standard granny, the only real difference with mine is that I prefer not to turn after each row as many patterns do. Next on the agenda will be creating a tutorial showing the join as you go technique for the Granny Squares.

And now a sneak preview of what's to come...
I totally amazed myself and finished up November's square AND wrote the pattern this past Tuesday. So it will actually start on time next month! WOOHOO!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you're feeling better! Way to go! Now if I could just convince my mom to give up the little blue packets... LOL

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning April from Central Scotland,
    Reading your wee bit on your wool from Walmart i could understand your anxiety completely on not being able to get your neccessities. Wool for me is not a luxury but a need, oh boy is it a need, just to get me through each day(pathetic i know) but being housebound i now need my wool each day just to get through it.
    Glad your getting a new variety though and have fun,
    Woolly hugs
    Norah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.